I love cleaning out my fridge, to the point of almost being therapy level. Finding something to do with all of those little leftover bits that didn’t fit in the previous recipe always brings joy. It means I didn’t waste any money and I am not throwing away food that could have better served starving children somewhere. As a side note..is it just me or do we all carry around a miniature version of our mom with all of her favorite sayings in our heads?
The following recipe is great for using up those last two large tortillas in the package. Especially if you bought all of the ingredients to make burritos and realized when you got home that you only had a couple of tortillas, not the full package you thought was hiding under the bread.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 large tortillas (burrito size)
- 1 (16 ounce) can of refried beans
- 2-4 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 4 ounces of sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Brown ground beef and drain
- Add taco seasoning to beef and combine.
- Add refried beans to taco meat and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cream of mushroom soup and the sour cream.
- Spread 1/2 of the cream mixture on the bottom of a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Lay a tortilla over the top of the the cream.
- Add 1/2 of meat mixture on top of the tortilla.
- Add 1/2 of the cheddar cheese.
- I do the next layer in slightly different order. Add the second tortilla, then remaining cream mix, then the meat mixture, and finally the remaining cheese.
- Bake in the over for 30 minutes, and enjoy.